be driven to make a difference: take north by northwest connector from amtrak in albany to the coast and back.
The North by Northwest CONNECTOR is a coordinated regional transit system managed by the CONNECTOR Alliance. The Alliance is working to enhance the livability and economic vitality of northwestern Oregon through the implementation of regional transit strategies. The CONNECTOR system is a national model for interagency partnerships and the use of private-public strategies to promote transit.
The CONNECTOR Alliance is a partnership of:
- Columbia County Rider
- Sunset Empire Transportation District
- Tillamook County Transportation District
- Benton County Transit, and
- Lincoln County Transit.
In addition to the five public agencies comprising the Alliance, the CONNECTOR system also includes a unique partnership with the North by Northwest Transportation Foundation, a non-profit organization separate from, but closely aligned with the Alliance, to assist with fundraising and promote regional transit programs.
These partners are taking action to:
- Improve transit connections between northwestern Oregon communities.
- Brand and market transit service in all five counties as a single seamless service.
- Build community partnerships to increase transit ridership while promoting regional business and economic development opportunities.
- Implement sustainable funding strategies for continued transit system development.
THE NORTH BY NORTHWEST CONNECTOR PILOT PROJECT WAS COMPLETED ON 8-12-13
(For Appendix documents and other information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.)