Are you new to using transit? Wanting to learn a new route? Or just a little unsure about how our bus system works? Let us be your RIDEPAL and show you the ropes. We offer three types of training:
- Bus Orientation – One on one instruction’s on the basics of riding a bus.
- Individual Travel Training – We ride together and become RIDEPALS.
- Group Travel Training – Bring your friends and learn how to plan a bus adventure down the coast or to Portland.
Travel Training will give you all the tools that you need to ride the bus with confidence. Our RIDEPAL staff is trained to provide you with easy step by step instructions and will make sure all your transit questions are answered. This program is free and is offered to anyone who needs a RIDEPAL. Get on Board!
You will learn essential travel skills such as:
- How to read a bus schedule
- How to pay your fare
- When to make a transfer
- How to identify bus stops and landmarks
- Mobility Device Securement
- Riding with a bicycle
- Other travel options
The mission of the RIDEPAL program is to provide comprehensive customer service to a diverse ridership through trip planning, travel training and resource gathering that will enhance ease of use, accessibility, and community inclusion.
For more information on RIDEPAL and other Mobility services call 503-861-5370 or email us at [email protected]