Jobs for Tillamook County Transportation District
TCTD Service Technician
CDL not required to apply! Will train the right fit!
$20.78/hour* (Including 10% Pay Differential through June 30, 2023)
Under the supervision of the Transit Supervisor, the Service Technician is responsible for maintaining District buses, vans, and support vehicles.
- Services, inspects, and repairs minor mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems in the field or at the shop.
- Diagnoses and repairs minor equipment malfunctions reported by transit drivers, lot attendant, dispatchers, and transit supervisor.
- Checks all lights on vehicles and repairs lights as necessary.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks, which include: changing engine, transmission and differential fluids; changing filters; taking oil samples and recording appropriate information; and greasing all appropriate mechanical parts.
- Performs safety inspections of all District rolling stock and reports anything out of the ordinary to the Transit Supervisor.
- Sweeps and cleans work area and shop.
- Operates steam cleaner, cleaning engines, chassis, equipment, and parts.
- Maintains and repairs District vehicles, property, facilities and equipment.
- Fuels and cleans District buses and vans as needed.
- Completes Work Orders in a neat and orderly manner and assists the Dispatcher in maintaining accurate hours of time worked.
- Assists with road calls and changes out buses when necessary. This includes responding to early morning or late evening road calls on an on-call basis when necessary.
- Follows safe work habits and rules, wearing any safety equipment as required.
- Reports any unsafe working conditions to the Transit Supervisor.
- Installs bus stop signs, shelters and assists in maintaining stop locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with other employees and the general public at the level necessary to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to analyze problems and resolve them diplomatically, professionally, and quickly.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with drivers, supervisors, and office staff.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to safely operate any transit bus or other District vehicle.
- Ability to work varying work schedules as required. District operates service seven (7) days per week from early morning to late evening hours.
- Experience and considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of various types of vehicles.
- Skilled in the operation of a variety of tools and equipment used in the repair of buses and other vehicles.
- Working knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Ability to handle and grasp hand tools, power tools, air tools, nuts, bolts, electronic controls, and other objects.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently, 50 lbs. occasionally, and 90 lbs. infrequently.
- Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 8 hours per day.
- Ability to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to climb over and into vehicles or heavy equipment several times per day.
- Ability to frequently work at heights above 8 feet and occasionally work at heights above 20 feet.
- Ability to work in an environment involving exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust, gas, and/or fumes.
- Must hold and maintain a valid Oregon Class B Commercial Driver’s License with necessary endorsements as prescribed by law.
- Must meet the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations physical qualifications for commercial drivers and ability to perform the physical functions of a driving position.
- Driving record that demonstrates adherence to safety in the operation of motor vehicles and adherence to traffic laws and regulations.
- Safety-sensitive function; Must submit to random DOT drug and alcohol testing in addition to pre-employment screening, Applicant must admit any positive drug or alcohol tests performed within the last two years. Subject to all TCTD drug and personnel policies.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Possession of a high school diploma or GED and successful experience working with the general public.
- Three to five years’ experience servicing automotive or heavy-duty equipment is required.
TCTD Transit Bus Operator
CDL Not Required to Apply! Get Paid to Train!
Do you enjoy driving through the Tillamook scenery? Are you energized by interacting with all kinds of people? Do you have a passion for serving your community, and making sure our neighbors can get where they need to go? Then come drive the WAVE!
Tillamook County Transportation District is seeking part time public transit bus operators. Many shifts and schedule configurations are available. If you’d like to avoid the mid-day down time some other bus driving jobs require, come and see what we can offer!
What we can offer you:
- Varied schedule configurations
- Ongoing paid training
- Relaxed, fun, work family atmosphere
- Competitive benefit package including: paid sick time, employee recognition programs, life insurance, and on onsite wellness center free to employees!
- Wages after training start at $19.13/hour* (*Including 10% Pay Differential through June 30, 2023.)
What we’re looking for:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Be trainable, dependable, and have good people skills
- HS diploma or GED
- Must have valid Oregon Driver License with verifiable three-year driving record
- Current Valid Oregon CDL or ability to get one with training
- Must pass pre-employment DOT physical and drug screen, and fingerprinting and criminal background check
EOE/AA/ADA/Title VI & Drug Free
Mail, e-mail, or drop of completed applications to:
Tillamook County Transportation District
Attn: Driver Position
3600 Third St, Suite A
Tillamook, OR 97141
e-mail: [email protected]
Application: Application and Authorization to Release 7.08.2019Version
*Base pay plus wage differential through June 30, 2023
NWR Customer Service Representative
Do you have a passion for helping others? Are you a great multi-tasker? Tillamook County Transportation District is seeking customer service oriented individuals to join the NW Rides non-emergency medical transportation brokerage call center team. These are full time position with a competitive starting wage of $15.50-$16.74*/hour (DOE) with full benefit package plus a $2,000 Hiring Bonus! Bilingual team members are encouraged to apply!
*Plus 10% Pay Differential Through June 30, 2023
- Strong customer service skills are required to perform this job successfully. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to multi-task under highly stressful conditions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of NWR services areas of Tillamook, Benton, Clatsop, Columbia, Lane, Lincoln, Linn, Polk, Marion, Multnomah, Washington and Yamhill Counties boundaries.
- Experience with the most recent version of Windows operating systems and other software programs including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, Ecolane, Google and Google Earth.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interactions with co-workers, supervisor, other providers and agencies, to ensure professional, courteous, and empathetic exchanges of information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization may exist. Requires ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- May require a valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Ability to operate office machinery (i.e. copier, fax and scanner)
- Work is performed in a call center environment.
- Frequent sitting, keyboarding and hearing voice conversations is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk; and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasional bending, squatting, lifting up to 10 pounds, pushing, reaching and walking is required.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
EOE/AA/ADA/Title VI & Drug Free
Submit completed Applications to:
Tillamook County Transportation District
Attn: CSR Position
3600 3rd Street, Suite A
Tillamook, OR 97141
Fax: 503-815-2834 or e-mail: [email protected]