The Administrative Assistant is a confidential class position, responsible for a wide range of duties that support the work of the General Manager. These responsibilities include serving as board clerk, coordinating special projects, implementing public outreach events and social media campaigns, preparing reports for the General Manager, serving as the primary point of contact for receiving and processing public records requests, and properly maintaining the District’s records. The Administrative Assistant will back up the Office Assistant as needed.
- Serve as clerk to the board of directors, which includes setting meeting dates, making meeting arrangements, preparing meeting materials, taking and producing minutes, posting agendas and minutes on the District’s web page, and following public meetings laws.
- In collaboration with General Manager, set budget workshop and committee meeting and hearing schedules. Take and produce minutes. Post agendas and minutes on the District’s web page.
- Prepare and publish all required legal notices for board meetings, budget committee meetings, budget workshops, and budget hearings.
- Prepare agendas and resolutions for General Manager review as directed.
- Assist General Manager in designing routes, blocks, and shifts. Input assigned shifts into the District’s information systems.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Back up the Office Assistant as needed.
- Make travel arrangements for General Manager and other members of the management team, as directed by the General Manager.
- Respond to research requests from District management team. Search and review records to retrieve information and files.
- Perform general office and secretarial duties as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.09 – $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company’s Facebook page:
- Tillamook County Transportation District/The Wave
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
This position is open until filled.
Download and complete the Employment Application and Authorization to Release Information. Mail, fax or e-mail completed applications to:
Tillamook County Transportation District
Attn: Admin Assistant
3600 Third St., Suite A
Tillamook, OR 97141
e-mail: [email protected]
Online Application: Application and Authorization to Release 7.08.2019Version