Financial Officer/Grant Administrator
Annual Salary Range: $53,496 to $76,210 and excellent benefits
Sunset Empire Transportation District (SETD), based in Astoria, Oregon, is recruiting a Financial Officer/Grant Administrator. This position oversees all accounting and financial reporting functions and manages grants and contracts for the District, which includes three locations. It is a hands-on management position. This position plays a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as the District continues to enhance its public transportation services and deliver quality programming. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all grant segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Manage the AccuFund financial management system, including chart of accounts, classes, items and lists.
- Day to day management of all general accounting functions.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement all necessary financial and contract/grants management policies and procedures; improve overall financial policies and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Executive Director, leadership team, and Board of Commissioners.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors; assess any changes necessary.
- Assist the Budget Officer in annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the District’s financial status.
- Implement and manage an efficient contracts and grants management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Perform special projects in accounting, contract, and grants management as assigned.
- Supervision of the Payroll/Accounts Payable Clerk, Customer Service Representative and Transportation Support Specialist. Oversees operation of the Astoria Transit Center and the Seaside Transit Office.
- Education – 2-year or 4-year accounting degree or equivalent.
- Experience – Requires 5 years fund accounting, grants, and contract management. Government and/or non-profit experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft suite of software. Knowledge and experience in AccuFund a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules and regulations, and policies governing public district accounting, grants, and contract management processes.
- Understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts, and budgets.
- Skilled in maintaining effective interpersonal relationships including mediation and negotiations.
- Able to write clear and concise reports and correspondence including request for proposals and contract specifications.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of public transportation service.
Sunset Empire Transportation District provides public transportation through its fixed route system, paratransit, and dial-a-ride program. We operate three facilities within Clatsop County.
Astoria is located in Clatsop County where the Pacific Ocean meets the mighty Columbia River. The area is rich in its natural beauty and a destination spot for people from all over the world. There are many historical aspects to the area including being located at the end of the Lewis & Clark trail.
Return application along with a resume to SETD Attn: Jeff Hazen, Executive Director, 900 Marine Drive, Astoria, OR 97103 or email to [email protected]. Deadline to apply is November 23, 2020.