The Office Assistant is a confidential class position, responsible for a wide range of duties that support the work of the Financial Supervisor. These responsibilities include maintaining accounts receivable, ensuring employee timecards are received and approved in time for payroll, answering general questions from District employees regarding human resource, payroll, and finance policies, processing personnel action forms, facilitating the hiring and onboarding of new employees, and maintaining the District’s records. The Office Assistant will back up the Administrative Assistant as needed. The Office Assistant must demonstrate good judgment, meet deadlines, and be able to handle confrontational or stressful situations, and work effectively with other employees, the public, government employees, and vendors. The Office Assistant fosters an overall positive atmosphere within the District.
– Support Financial Supervisor by maintaining accounts payable and receivable, printing checks, issuing statements and invoices, and recording payments, deposits, and inter-fund transfers.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Receive and distribute mail.
– Back up the Administrative Assistant as needed.
– Assist with inputting assigned shifts into the District’s information systems as needed.
– Assist Financial Supervisor in implementing employee wellness and recognition programs.
– Make travel arrangements for Financial Supervisor and other members of the management team, as directed by the Financial Supervisor.
– Respond to research requests from District management team. Search and review records to retrieve information and files.
– Perform general office and secretarial duties as needed.
– Other tasks as assigned by the Financial Supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.16 – $21.54 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company’s Facebook page:
- Tillamook County Transportation District/The Wave
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
This position is open until filled.
Download and complete the Employment Application and Authorization to Release Information. Mail, fax or e-mail completed applications to:
Tillamook County Transportation District
Attn: Office Assistant
3600 Third St., Suite A
Tillamook, OR 97141
e-mail: [email protected]
Online Application: Application and Authorization to Release 7.08.2019Version