Tillamook County Transportation District is seeking applications for a part-time Lot Attendant to keep the District’s bus and van fleet looking great! Duties include washing and cleaning the exteriors and interiors of the buses and vans. This position is also responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the bus shelters, bus parking barns, and bus maintenance facility. Must have a valid drivers license and have the ability to obtain and maintain a CDL; ability to understand and follow oral and written directions; ability to exercise independent judgment while working alone. Pre-employment drug test and background check required.
$13.49 per hour, 30 hours per week, Monday- Friday
Full job description listed below. Download application below or pick up an application at the TCTD main office at 3600 3rd Street, Suite A.
TILLAMOOK COUNTY TRANSPORTATION DISTRICT
JOB TITLE: LOT ATTENDENT
SUPERVISED BY: TRANSIT SUPERINTENDENT
STATUS: PART TIME, NON-EXEMPT, SAFETY SENSITIVE
Under the supervision of the Transit Superintendent the Lot Attendant is responsible for washing the interior and exterior of District buses, vans, and support vehicles.
- Wash the exterior of TCTD vehicles using bus wash facility, equipment and tools.
- Clean the interior of TCTD vehicles using cleaning tools and products.
- Safely maneuver TCTD vehicles within the bus maintenance and parking areas.
- Clean bus storage barns and bus maintenance facility.
- Accurately inspect and record tire tread depth, inspect video surveillance equipment to ensure they are operational and report defects to the Transit Supervisor or Dispatcher I.
- Assist with maintaining landscaping.
- Other related tasks as assigned such as removing dust and cobwebs from TCTD facility buildings, washing interior and exterior windows of the facility, and removing litter from parking lots.
- Report all mechanical problems to the Transit Supervisor as soon as possible.
- Follow all safety policies and report any unsafe conditions to the first available supervisor.
- Report all incidents that result in injury or property damage, no matter how minor, to the Transit Supervisor or General Manager immediately.
- Fuel District buses and vans as needed.
- Comply with all TCTD policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with other employees and the general public to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to safely operate any transit bus or other District vehicle.
- Ability to work varying work schedules. The District operates service seven (7) days per week from early morning to late evening hours.
- Working knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently, between 50-90 lbs. occasionally, and 90 lbs. infrequently.
- Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 8 hours per day.
- Ability to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to climb over and into vehicles or heavy equipment several times per day.
- Ability to frequently work at heights above 8 feet and occasionally work at heights above 20 feet.
- Ability to work in an environment involving exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust, gas, and/or fumes.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Oregon Class B Commercial Driver’s License with necessary endorsements as prescribed by law.
- Must meet the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations physical qualifications for commercial drivers and ability to perform the physical functions of a driving position.
- Driving record that demonstrates adherence to safety in the operation of motor vehicles and adherence to traffic laws and regulations.
- Safety-sensitive function; Must submit to random DOT drug and alcohol testing in addition to pre-employment screening, Applicant must admit any positive drug or alcohol tests performed within the last two years. Subject to all TCTD drug and personnel policies.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Successful experience working with the general public.