Under general direction of the Brokerage Supervisor, the Customer Service Representative (CSR) will schedule ride requests in a call center environment for transportation services programs managed under the NW Rides (NWR) Brokerage. This service will provide medical and non-medical transportation primarily for older adults, Veterans, people with disabilities and low-income families. The CSR’s primary goal is to ensure the highest level of customer service is provided to each call they handle. CSR’s will also ensure transportation services and resources are explained, information is understood, and all available resources are explored with the caller.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Speak with customers and record ride requests. Assure that all passenger information is accurate to ensure timely, safe and productive passenger service. Assure that accurate system information is given to passenger regarding pick-up times, destination and fare requirements. This may require callbacks to customers to confirm scheduled rides.
- Operate a high volume multi-line phone system.
- Assist drivers in the event of mechanical breakdown and/or route delays.
- Maintain and provide communication with Provider and other agencies as necessary.
- Perform accurate statistical record keeping for reports on program operation.
- Track capacity of system versus demand (increases/decreases in rides, turndowns etc.) and report information to supervisor.
- Interpret map and street data.
- Give accurate verbal and written directions to customers and drivers.
- Perform data entry using scheduling software.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve customer concerns.
- Provide timely feedback to supervisor regarding service issues and customer concerns.
- Take on new tasks and processes as assigned.
- Must contribute to a positive working environment by consistently engaging in courteous behaviors and communications.
- Strong customer service skills are required to perform this job successfully. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to multi-task under highly stressful conditions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of NWR services areas of Tillamook, Benton, Clatsop, Columbia, Lane, Lincoln, Linn, Polk, Marion, Multnomah, Washington and Yamhill Counties boundaries.
- Experience with the most recent version of Windows operating systems and other software programs including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, Ecolane, Google and Google Earth.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interactions with co-workers, supervisor, other providers and agencies, to ensure professional, courteous, and empathetic exchanges of information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization may exist. Requires ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- May require a valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Ability to operate office machinery (i.e. copier, fax and scanner)
- Work is performed in a call center environment.
- Frequent sitting, keyboarding and hearing voice conversations is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk; and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasional bending, squatting, lifting up to 10 pounds, pushing, reaching and walking is required.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.