Job Title: OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
Supervised By: General Manager
Status: Full-Time Exempt Employee
Starting Pay Range: Salary DOE
The Operations Coordinator works with the Operations Superintendent to ensure the overall performance of driver training and drivers within the transit operations. The Operations Coordinator is responsible and manages the driver training program, including new driver training and follow-up training as needed. Must work closely with the Financial Supervisor to ensure new driver training, on-going training and training records are completed timely. The Operations Coordinator manages the customer feedback and complaint process in collaboration with employees designated by the General Manager. The Operations Coordinator manages the volunteer program and supervises the effective operation of the downtown Transit Visitor Center. The Operations Coordinator must demonstrate good judgment, protect and maintain confidential information, meet strict deadlines, and be able to handle confrontational or stressful situations, and work effectively with other employees, the public, government employees, and vendors. The Operations Coordinator fosters an overall positive atmosphere within the District.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and ensure that all District drivers meet District Performance and productivity standards.
- Develop, modify, implement and manage the District driver training program.
- Oversee and manage the cash (Farebox) accounting policy and procedures.
- Assist in the supervision of driver work schedules, and dispatch and/or drive whenever necessary.
- Coordinate job design and hiring of new drivers and visitor center personnel.
- Monitor, motivate, train and recommend evaluations of employee performance, including that employees are trained to safely operate District equipment.
- Foster a collaborative relationship with Union leadership. Serve as back-up to Operations Superintendent on union-related matters when necessary, to minimize and resolve issues as they arise. When not resolved, receive Union grievances when presented. Conduct investigations as necessary to reach resolution.
- Manage the customer feedback and complaint process in collaboration with employees designated by the General Manager, ensuring equitable procedures in response to all complaints. Maintain a log and respond to all concerns that are raised in a timely and professional manner. Recommend discipline when necessary and use log to inform topics for driver training program.
- Work closely with the Financial Supervisor. Conduct investigations and document personnel matters when asked and recommend corrective action to the Operations Superintendent as necessary.
- Coordinate the District safety program and serve as safety officer to ensure compliance with local, state and federal safety regulations and practices.
- Coordinate the District Safety Committee and serve as secretary of the committee.
- Serve as first responder to accident sites when the Operations Superintendent is not available, or if during a scheduled work day when the Operations Superintendent is not scheduled to work.
- Manage the Special Bus Operations, including special event services, and charter services.
- Assist in the management of the District operations statistical information reporting system.
- Serve as the back-up Designated Employee Representative (DER) for the FTA drug and alcohol program.
- Supervise staff and oversee operations of the Transit Visitor Center.
- In conjunction with the General Manager and Operations Superintendent, coordinate the distribution and posting of rider alert notifications.
- In conjunction with Operations Superintendent assist and oversee the District fleet maintenance program.
- Operate a two-way radio, using proper radio communication procedures in compliance with District and Federal Communications Commission standards.
- Act as primary back-up to the Operations Superintendent. This may include a scheduled work day on Saturday or Sunday.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time-to-time by District management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing, with employees and the public at the level necessary to perform the duties of this position.
- Working knowledge of customer service techniques and demonstrated ability to be empathetic and cognizant of the needs of senior and disabled residents.
- Demonstrated ability of critical thinking and analysis skills to analyze problems and resolve them diplomatically, professionally, and quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive relationships with all staff and maintain a positive work atmosphere.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, lead and motivate employees.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change, make decisions, and sell them to others.
- Demonstrated ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong, recognize problems when they occur, and find appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to operate various types of office equipment including computers. Must have general knowledge of computer program applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess, or obtain, a Class B Commercial Driver License (CDL) with required endorsements to operate heavy-duty, medium-duty, small and para-transit buses and keep in force during tenure in position.
- Driving record that demonstrates adherence to safety in the operation of motor vehicles and adherence to traffic laws and regulations.
- No criminal convictions which may, in the sole judgment of the District, render the applicant unsuitable or unfit for employment in a position which is responsible for providing transit services to the public.
- Work is performed in both field and office environments, which will require occasional bending, hearing voice conversation, keyboarding, lifting up to 50 pounds, pushing, reaching and walking.
- Driving and sitting up to 8 hours in a day may occasionally be required.
EOE/AA/ADA/Title VI & Drug free
Download and complete the Employment Application and Authorization to Release Information. Mail, fax or e-mail completed applications to:
Tillamook County Transportation District
3600 Third St., Suite A
Tillamook, OR 97141
e-mail: [email protected]