Reduced Fare Program
What is it?
Qualifying individuals will receive $1 off their single ride fare. This program does not apply to monthly passes.
Veterans, Senior Citizens, Students, Disabled Individuals, Low Income individuals
How to receive a card?
Based on Veteran, Student, Senior Citizen status:
Provide our office with valid Veteran ID, Student ID, DMV ID, or with an approved Dial-A-Ride registration.
Based on Disability:
We require verification of your disability by one of the following:
- A certified/licensed health care provider: Have your provider fill out the reverse side of the application form.
- The Social Security Administration: Please get a Benefit Information Report or Benefit Verification Letter from your Social Security Administration office dated within the last three months, and include it with your completed application form.
- A certified agency: Certified agencies include the Senior and Disabled Services Division, Commission for the Blind, Vocational Rehabilitation Division, or a mental health agency. Please contact your agency representative for assistance.
- The US Department of Veterans Affairs: Please get a Certification Letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs dated within the last three months verifying a disability, and include it with your completed registration form.
- Other transit agency: Include the name, city and state of the transit agency on your registration form.
Based on Low Income:
1. If you’re a member of one of the following programs, you’re automatically eligible:
- Oregon Health Plan / Medicaid
- SNAP: EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) Card
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Free & Reduced Price Lunch
- HUD Housing Choice Voucher
- LIHEAP (Home Energy Assistance)
- Employment Related Daycare
- Women Infants and Children (WIC)
2. If your gross income (before taxes) is below the amount shown in the following table, you’re eligible:
Qualifying gross income (before taxes):
|Household Size||Max. Gross Income/Mo.||Max. Gross Income/Yr.|
You’ll need to provide a valid document that verifies your income. These are the documents we accept:
- Paystubs for the last 30 days (if you get a paycheck)
- Unemployment pay stub or benefit letter
- L & I statement (if you receive workers’ compensation)
- Employment Wage Verification
- A copy of your most recent tax return (income verification is based on the modified adjusted gross income on your most recent tax return: Form 1040 line 37, Form 1040 A line 21, Form 1040 EZ line 4, or completion of the self-employment worksheet)